Ready, set, pray!
Promotion kits for the Mission Illinois Offering & Week of Prayer were mailed to churches in late July and are arriving now. Consider bringing a promotion team together very soon to make gospel advance through Mission Illinois a priority in your church.
6 WEEKS AHEAD: PLANNING
- Meet with missions and worship leaders to plan MIO promotion.
- Download mission studies, announcements, promo materials.
- Set a goal, perhaps 10% or more above last year’s collection.
- Schedule a prayer event for state missions.
- Schedule missions studies for children, teens, and adults.
- Plan use of videos in worship services.
- Request additional materials from IBSA.
4 WEEKS AHEAD: BEGIN PUBLICITY
- Advertise in church newsletter and Sunday bulletin.
- Post promo video on church website and Facebook page.
- Place posters in prominent locations.
2 WEEKS AHEAD: SHOW THE MIO STORIES
- Begin showing videos in worship services each week.
- Push e-mail and Facebook announcements.
- Send videos to church members, and link to Missionlllinois.org.
- Pray for IBSA missions and missionaries in worship services.
THE WEEK OF MIO: PRAY AND GIVE
- Give each worship attender a prayer guide and offering envelope.
- Lead the missions studies, using the videos and/or the 4-page MIO newspaper.
- Begin collecting the offering.
- Pray for IBSA missionaries by name in worship services
EACH WEEK THROUGH SEPTEMBER
- Pray for state missions in worship services.
- Collect the offering until the goal is met.
- Celebrate your church’s partnership in state missions.
Learn more about the Week of Prayer for the Missions Illinois Offering September 8-15.
– IBSA Media Team