We need every aspect of our IBSA Annual Meeting, Nov. 13-14, to be bathed in prayer. Please look over the prayer prompts below, and ask the Holy Spirit to remind you to return often to this list during the meeting.
Pray all the time. 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- Give praise for all the ministry the Lord has accomplished through the work of the Illinois Baptist State Association congregations and ministries this past year.
- Pray for the messengers as they travel to the meeting from across Illinois: safety, discernment as they hear reports, wisdom as they cast votes, and communication of the work of IBSA to their home congregation.
- Pray for the guests, presenters and exhibitors who will be preparing and traveling to be with us; ears for us to hear speakers’ challenges and presentations, and for divine connections to serve our pastors and messengers.
- Pray for North American Mission Board Vice President for the Midwest Gary Frost, as he travels and as shares with us; may they hear clearly from us for their work at a national level as we desire to hear compellingly from them for impact in our communities.
- Pray for IBSA President Jonathan Peters as he leads the meeting and Tim Lewis as he preaches the annual sermon.
- Pray for the IBSA Pastors’ Conference and Minister’s Wives Conference and Luncheon that precede the Annual Meeting: encouragement, enlightenment, empowerment … And ask the Spirit for a generous offering for Minister’s Relief.
- Pray for the Annual Meeting Mission Illinois theme to inspire and inform each messenger so they may inspire and influence their congregation.
- Give thanks for our new fellowship in the Spirit with congregations applying for affiliation with IBSA; pray they will be healthy, reproducing churches.
- Bring to the Lord the many church plants scattered across our state and request we become known for fruitful new churches.
- Pray as the messengers elect officers to serve the convention for 2013-14, that each officer will serve with faith and integrity, and will use their authority to build the work of IBSA.
- Pray for the IBSA Executive Board as they meet to organize for their work for a new year … for IBSA staff members to have the resources they need to equip those who equip the saints for the work of the ministry.
- Ask the Spirit to direct many to the Annual Meeting Prayer Room (Plaza 4) that they might spend even a few minutes asking the Lord how we can better pray and more effectively serve in the coming year.
Lisa Sergent is communications director for the Illinois Baptist State Association.